The Ragg Guarantee reimburses members of our community for costs arising from certain damages that occur during a service booked and paid through Ragg’s platform.
No. The Ragg Guarantee exists to fill the gap when the responsible party—usually the cleaner—is unable or unwilling to pay for costs arising from damage or injury attributable to his or her negligence, and when insurance is not available. It is a contractual agreement from Ragg to protect its users, enforceable in accordance with Reimbursement under the Ragg Guarantee is generally paid by our insurance carriers when necessary or appropriate. The Damages must result from services provided during a Ragg cleaning, and the Guarantee reimburses in the cleaner is unwilling or unable to pay those costs.
When it comes to reimbursement, however, we know from experience that issues are often best resolved by simply reaching out to the other party. Before filing a claim for reimbursement under the Ragg’s Guarantee, try contacting the other party through your account and if you are unable to come to an agreement informally, let us know.
The Service Requester is eligible for Ragg’s Guarantee provided that the Requester reports the issue within seventy-two (72) hours of the Professional Service appointment to our Requester service by visiting the Help Desk at raggcleaning.com. For Recurring Services, each Professional Service is treated as a separate occurrence.
A Request will be covered under the Ragg’s Guarantee for every Professional Service, subject to the
exclusions below, provided:
● The Professional Service is agreed to between a Requester and a Service Professional through the platform, performed by the Service Professional hired by the Requester and paid for in full through Ragg’s platform;
● You have reported the claim within 72 hours of the Professional Service;
● Your account is in good standing with no outstanding balances owed to Ragg or Professionals.
Ragg’s Guarantee does not cover the following:
● losses arising out of acts of nature, including, but not limited to, pollution, earthquakes and weather-related events such as hurricanes and tornadoes;
● losses arising out of interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use;
● losses for property damage and theft exceeding the original value and/or replacement value for such property, less any standard depreciation;
● losses arising from negligence of a Requester or third party;
● losses arising from a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects;
● losses from pre-existing damages or conditions of the item or property;
● losses arising from items supplied by the Requester or due to Requester recommendations (e.g., if a manufacturer recommends affixing furniture to a wall and a Requester declines to have furniture affixed, etc.);
● losses arising from flooding and/or water damage including mold, fungi or bacteria; ● losses arising from products containing hazardous or harmful materials, acts of terrorism, product liability, or pollution;
● losses of cash, third party gift cards and securities;
● losses as a result of theft of property in excess of USD 1,000 or any other intentional wrongful act by a Professional;
● losses arising from normal wear and tear;
● losses for items that retain their functionality;
● losses based on sentimental and/or undocumented intangible value;
● losses related to repairs outside of the area where the Professional Services were performed;
● losses of pets, personal liability or damage to shared or common areas;
● losses arising from shipping costs and/or shipping of replacement items and/or taxes incurred in purchasing the original and/or replacement items;
● losses of theft without a valid police report, if requested by Ragg’s platform; and losses with insufficient documentation.
If such information is requested, you will have 30 days from the date of the request to send the
requested information. If You fail to provide the requested information within the 7-day time period
and/or fail to contact Ragg’s platform to arrange for an extension of time, your claim will be
You also agree to:
(i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a claim from further damage, (ii) assist and allow Ragg or its insurers access to inspect and make copies, photographs and recordings of anything relating to the claim, (iii) accept repairs and/or remediation by a Professional, (iv) accept a replacement only if repairs are proven not to be an option, (v) submit requested materials by the dates outlined by Ragg’s resolutions team, and (vi) accept a replacement item subject to the standard depreciation of that item.
If any part of Your claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment to You under Ragg’s Guarantee, You will be required to execute and deliver to Ragg, a release agreement and assign to Ragg or its insurer any rights and remedies you may have to recover amounts paid to you with respect to an approved claim from any party that is financially responsible for the approve claims and any rights in any property that is recovered.